Tuesday, May 19, 2009

standing in front of me.

I saw it on sunday, why i am the way that i am. why i need to change. it's always been there, for generations. i see it in all my family, wondering how something has a hold of us so strong.

my grandma, left another party, offended. feeling alone, like no-one cared that she was there, and no-one was giving her the attention she deserved. i watched my mom chase her, and my heart broke, watching my mom, trying another time to make my grandma happy. i felt so sorry for my mom, wondering what it must have been like, never to have a real mom.

but there it was, the offense, that has no justification. i hate to admit it, but i saw myself a tiny bit. with out all the stomping, tears, and drama. i saw my mom in her, and a few others in our family. getting our feelings hurt, feeling like no-ones thinking about us, and getting offended over something so small.

i thought, look what we have learned, and it made me ask, what can i do to change. how can i live the rest of my life with out this. so i don't pass it on to my girls. luckily, i see. i see who you hurt, i see the truth of the actions, i see the pain it causes on your life. so i can change it. i can stop. even though the thoughts arise on many occasions, i can change my thoughts, i am in charge, i can direct my actions.

i can love. i can care. i can take the focus off of me, and put the focus on those around me. i can give, even when nothing is returned. but the truth is, it's always returned, i just have to open my eyes, and see through His eyes. listen to His truths, and realize the lies that are being spoken.


yes, i saw it, but i will not live it.

1 comment:

  1. this was your most amazing post ever. i have seen those things at my own family functions- and have determined not to let them ever come into my daughter's view. i know we have a choice- but it's sometimes so hard when it's in our blood!! we'll just stand together and determine to make the future better for our girls so when they grow up, they can be free from all the baggage of our past generations!!

    i really, really related to this... can you tell?

    ReplyDelete