Thursday, May 14, 2009

i saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes..

I saw this sign on a church tonight, that I thought was just for me. I can imagine it, who ever is in charge of putting the signs up, praying asking God, what do i need to put up, and God answers, this ones for Keri. O.k. i'm sure it didn't go like that, but i'm also sure that it was meant for me to see today, this day that i was a little discouraged by my current situation, and wondering how we are going to get that next paycheck.

it's funny on my way out today, i was praying and planning, yes at the same time, you know when you ask God for something, and instead of waiting to hear Him, you start to take over and plan out the way you think something could happen, or how you could help Him out. as my mind was making plans, i just kept hearing "Be still and know that I am God" and everytime i would be like yes you are, and I would ask, are you wanting me to go do this? I would hear again "Be still and know that I am God" I don't know about anyone else, but staying still is not easy for me, but at the same time, I do trust that He is in control, I just dont' want to miss what He is saying.

I have to be honest though, I don't know how still I was, I spoke of my worries to friends, and thankfully, they are awesome, and encourge me to trust Him. But I don't know if i was being very still. I mean i didn't sit and say, how it's going to be o.k., I spoke my concerns, i showed doubt, i didn't show that I knew God, and all the promises He makes. I wish I was stronger, i wish i had more faith, I wish i trusted more. I wish in the midst of a storm, i kept my head on that pillow, and trusted like Jesus did on that boat. But i am me, a work in progress, who constently needs reminder, and thankfully I serve a God, who knows me and loves me, that no-matter what, He reminds me of His love, His promises, His contol over my life.

The sign simply stated, "God doesn't have problems, He has plans" this is a reminder, that my problems are nothing, that don't even matter, because before i can even ask, before i know to even ask, His plan was there before. Plans, His word says, of a future, to prosper, not to harm me. Plans He knows of, plans with my heart in mind,not just any desires, the deepest desires of my heart. It's so true isn't it, God doesn't have problems, He has plans, I love this statement. and I'm so thankful, that He lead me to it today. Even as I was thinking about things, He showed me, He is greater, His plans are greater, His love is greater than I will ever know.

2 comments:

  1. i was thinking about you this morning while i was in prayer... i certainly wasn't thinking of any doubts you thought you spoke of... i was thinking about my strong, amazing, full of faith, friend keri! i was thinking how much i admire you!
    sometimes we have to get our concerns out, and then we feel better... then we realize what God can do with those concerns. i love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a really long comment but it got deleted somehow. Basically, I do believe that sign was just for you. I wrote a blog recently about the 3 rainbows I know were just for me, even though I'm sure hundreds in St. Louis saw those three rainbows also. But God spoke to me that day and said he'd take care of it. Its funny how to try to "help" God out. He's the maker of this whole universe, but somehow we think He needs our help. I dont know why we as humans have a hard time just letting go and letting Him take care of things. In our day to day lives, its easy to get busy, and not be still, but when we can rest in Him, and listen, He has so many great things to say to us. I love this post...it was a great reminder for me to be still, and trust that His plans are perfect than my own.

    ReplyDelete