Thursday, April 16, 2009

an open heart

my blog title is an open heart. i recently closed another blog, but this is not what this post is about. it's a beginning, a change, a new way. accepting where i am, and where God is going to lead me. to accept i can't go in the past, i can only live for today. i'm going to live with an open heart, a heart that is alive, and takes what this life has given me, through good times and bad, i often shut down this part of me, when i'm hurt, overwhelmed, or can't handle what has been laid out before. i think it was a protective mechanism. i shut down my blog for this reason. As i tend to shut down other areas of my life. it's a fear, it's wrong. i try to guard what is not mine to guard, my heart. I've realized it's His, i've realized, i can't shut down, but need to be more open. I need to let God have full control, and I can't do this if I've closed it off. I have a lot of issues, who doesn't right, we're human, we can't do it with out Him. I've lived my life wanting people to see me strong, but I've realized when they have, it was His strength not my own. His words, His voice. I have to be open, even in my weakest moments, so that He can be who He is, and make me who He wants me to be. I hope that I can share what it is like to live with a true open heart, allowing all life's experiences and gifts to mold me into what He has created me for. I'm opening my heart in all ways, to speak and share, all that He has given me, through relationships with my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, and through Him. I'm set out to do this with An open heart, a heart that is ready to accept, ready to give, and ready to really love.

1 comment:

  1. welcome back. thanks for being willing to have an open heart. it touches more people than you know.

    ReplyDelete