Monday, April 20, 2009

creative writing

Once upon a time a princess lived happily, but monsters and trolls ruined her kingdom. When she came out of her castle the monsters and trolls came to attack her, but the most magical thing happened, they couldn't get her, she discovered she was magical, when she was going to get harmed a protective shield saved her, and she couldn't be harmed any more and she saved people from the monsters and trolls.

I didn't write the story above, my daughter Leighton did, being only 8 years old, I thought this was pretty good, the way she used her words, I recognized a talent in her writing as I've always prayed that God would allow us to see. This is her story word for word, I just spelled some of the words correctly. She read this story to me, and as she was reading it I was captivated by her words, I thought "wow, you wrote this." she was so proud of herself and so am i, though part of me wishes she chose a different topic then monsters, but it seems a little girls mind is always filled with these things, i'm just proud she didn't need a prince to save her, not that that would be bad, but that she wrote about a princess being fully capable of saving herself. We've always tell her she can do anything she sets her mind to do.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I see something way deeper in that cute story. Like maybe she is the princess and yes even though monsters and trolls might try to ruin her kingdom she has has a shield (either Jesus or you and Benji) that protects her. I think there is more wisdom in that story then we realize. What a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a sweet story! i love that little girl!

    ReplyDelete