Saturday, August 28, 2010

School again

I can't believe my kids have already been in school for over a week. The first day was still new adjusting to getting myself out of bed and motivated to drive these kids to school. They didn't want to ride the bus, and i really didn't want them to this year either, since they combined buses with the 5-6th grade school, which meant my little ones would be on the bus way to long for me.

It was a big year for us, Cohen started kindergarten, and Brennan starting a new school for the "bigger kids" (5th and 6th grade) Leighton being the oldest at her school, and Hayden being in 1st grade...wow! I only have Ashlyn home with me during the school days. Cohen did great his first day, but soon realized this school thing is not all that it's cracked up to be, he's had a few hard days, with some tears, but were working through it. it's been hard on me wondering what i should do, but i'm pressing on, knowing that the other kids did just fine, and most kids don't go to high school crying every morning wanting there mama's (tho in high school it might be nice knowing the the kids still wanted me)

my kids on the first day of school, i worn you though we were a little unorganized this year, we didn't even have time for new school outfits, but i think they still look great!

105102

101099

108

with the kids off to school I had one on one time with Ashlyn we played together, just us, we went outside and pretended, she was "sunny" she said her name was, and her house was a tree, we collected food to eat and I listened to how she wanted me to make believe with her, it's amazing how much this girl can really talk, how much she had to say, with out the other kids interrupting every day, it makes me wish I could have a day with each of my kids by themselves, it makes me realize how important these one on one days are, and how to set more time aside for each kid.

110115
140
138
122111

No comments:

Post a Comment