Thursday, March 18, 2010

ladybug

 3.18.01
9 years

I remember singing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know dear how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away" when you were a tiny baby, an exploring one year old, a full of life two year old, through the years you became, an imaginative 3 year old, an inquisitive 4 year old,  a beautiful 5 year old, a caring 6 year old, a striving to be your best 7 year old, and a compassionate and goofy 8 year old, each year of your life has marked some characteristic you have picked up along the way. I've seen God in you, shining through, developing you into a little women. As you turn 9, I can't wait to see what new character shines through you. I love that little song, with such big words, speaking to my heart. When  ever I hear it, it reminds me of this little baby, turning into a young lady, that brought so much sunshine into my life, you lit up my life the day you were born, and you still bring this shine every where you go. You are such a gift, a joy, our little ladybug.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday, leighton. you are certainly one of the sweetest girls i know. you're the leader of all these little girls behind you- may your kind spirit and innocent heart pave a beautiful path for others to follow always.

    you bring so much joy to those around you. i hope today is especially happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me cry! leighton is so beautiful inside and out. she is certainly a special little girl and i love her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how sweet keri! and that is the same song I sing to Jacob since he was born... I keep imagining how he will be so old someday and I will remember those moments singing to him in the middle of the night. your post made me cry b/c children are so precious and you captured that!!!

    ReplyDelete