Monday, November 23, 2009

nothing sweeter

Leighton's "I am thankful" book (Bold is what Leighton filled in)

I am thankful for many things. I am thankful for the turkey I eat. I am thankful for the dress I wear. I am thankful for the house that i live in. I am thanful for the doll that I play with. I am thankful for the family that I love. I am thankful for the trees I see outside. I am thankful for God that I love most of all.


She did this at school, and when i turned the last page and saw that she filled in for "God that I love most of all", a few tears started to come down. What is it about when a child says something like that on their very own, that just makes your heart so full. What a sweet little girl, I know this had to make God's day, because it sure did make mine.

1 comment:

  1. She has such a sweet heart! i love leighton!

    ReplyDelete