Wednesday, November 18, 2009

6 years. perfectly Hayden.





You are 6 today, as I wrote 6, I think I'm just now really realizing that you are 6! You are my little buddy, my little cuddle bug, my goofy child. Since the day you were born, you have been a mama's boy, longing for my hugs, my attention, my love. You have never been a needy child, just so full of love to give, yet also longing to recieve. At times, you stop everything you are doing to run up and give me that perfect hug and kiss. every day with out me asking you stop, come over for a minute, and just quietly lay your head on me, and say "i love you" You are just the sweetest little boy, so sensitive, so bright, so happy, and so full of personality. You crave attention, but not in an obnoxious way, in a quiet sort of way, just content to get your fill in this full house we live in. Another birthday has landed today, and what did you want, to wake up next to me, so I let you sleep in my bed, which is a huge treat, since i never let kids in the bed, but how could i resist, it was your birthday wish (though i didn't sleep very well) to wake up this morning, and hear you say "it's my birthday!".... and came flooding in the memories of your last 6 years. You were my easiest baby, so happy, so content, so joyful in everyway. You have this smile that makes your whole face smile, every expression you make is so full of you character, that character makes you who you are. the picture above says so much about you, talking, telling a story, being you, there's so much going on in that face of yours, it's one of the things I love most, to just sit and watch you talk, to see those big "black" eyes light up, that smile that curves so perfectly, those big cheeks, with the perfect dimple's placed inside. I love you so much, and I am so proud of you, so happy that you are mine. Yes in the last years you have stepped out and become more independent, have become more of a daddy's boy, wresteling, playing "war", doing what boys do, but there is something that I pray will always be, our connection, our story, our love. I love to watch you become a real boy, talking about things I can't begin to understand, but love to hear. I love to watch you put on your show for the family, trying to get the attention, the laughs, the encouragent to do more. I love to see you play with your brothers and sisters, longing to be bigger like Brennan, sneaking off to play with Leighton (playing house or something a boy "shouldn't" do),, playing with Cohen trying to prove that your the bigger one, older and wiser, and helping your little sister, holding her hand as she climbs those steps, or picking up that toy she demands you get. You have a very important place in our family, a perfect place! Your our middle child, and sometimes, with you.. being so easy and content, you get lost in the shuffle, but as I sit in think, it's a good thing to be you, at times being the middle is exactly where you like to be,  not on your own, but so much apart, in everyone's lives, in the middle of it all. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday, hayden!! you're the sweetest, goofiest kid around and i love that about you!! remember when you used to call me "tortli"?... oh, how can you be six already???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday buddy! you handsome sweet little thing!

    ReplyDelete