Wednesday, September 8, 2010

just another day

Today started out as most of my days, waking up, grabbing that much needed cup of coffee, dragging kids out of bed, still trying to focus my eyes, as I hear the demands of breakfast orders, "I want cinnamon roll crunch" "I want oatmeal", "I want krispies", making lunches, another demanding ordeal. Getting the kids dressed, finding socks that match, looking for that lost shoe, that seems to some how disappear every morning, changing a diaper of yes a 3 year old that should be potty trained, signing folders for school, getting backpacks ready, slipping upstairs to throw a few drops of make-up on this tired face, hoping that people don't see how exhausted I truly feel. I am not morning person at all! Then trying to get 5 kids out the door, 4 off to school, first driving Brennan off to his big boy school as we call it, then making it to the little ones school, a kiss, a hug, an I love you, and 4 of them are off, my day has just begun and it's 8:45 in the morning...

So I come home to a peaceful house, is it bad that I enjoy it, just me and Ashlyn, so simple, yes I miss the kids, but boy they wore me out! I love having the time with just her, but hate that I miss out on enjoying the other kids, but maybe it's her time, she's shared me with them for 3 years, even though most days it still seems to be about her, she's the baby after all. I think she misses them too, playing with a bear all day
IMG_2063
IMG_2071
blog
Untitled-5
Untitled-4
Untitled-1

I however do not enjoy the fit throwing that she did, because her bear wasn't swinging the way she wanted it to

Untitled-3

till we decided to let her swing with the bear, and mommy push

Untitled-2

And I just love her little dirty feet hanging from the swing,

IMG_2122

it didn't seem like it, but after a day of running to the bank, to the store, coming home doing a few things around the house, playing with Ashlyn and her friend bear, it was time to get the kids. how the peaceful day flies by!

dinner, house viewing, night baths, snack, bedtime, and here I sit, tired, ready to relax...goodnight to another day.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely, peaceful day. i'd love that kind of normal- especially this week!

    my favorite picture was ashlyn throwing that fit. it's one she'll love forever!

    but um...what's a house viewing?

    ReplyDelete