Saturday, September 4, 2010

finding it at the end of the day

It hasn't been an easy couple of days, not feeling much of myself. I don't know about you and your perfect marriages, but mine hasn't felt up to par these last couple of days, and the solution...was just the time that lacked in putting our effort into it. I was left feeling some what lonely, feeling a little forgotten about, were not perfect, were a work in progress, and when the work stops, and things get comfortable, they really start to become uncomfortable. A few tears later, a husband that listened to my needs, my wants, and my longings to be thought about, remembered, cherished, to be us again, were back on track...(honestly we probably weren't very fall off, but I don't know if your reading this and are a women, and get how far off it can feel, letting emotions blind a little or a lot of the truth)..but I sit here feeling thankful, that I am loved by the greatest man for me, that God knows how to open his sometimes stubborn heart, and reveal to me how to speak so he can understand, but I'm happy, fulfilled.... loved!!! I don't really know why I shared that, maybe to say, I'm real, I get down, but I pulled myself up again, I turned away from the lies, and looked at the truth.

I stopped feeling sorry for myself...

I stopped to enjoy the greatest gift I have, and enjoy what's right in front of me, instead of looking off in the distance to the things I can not see, and simply put I find happiness, in the walls I live in.

I mean come on, how could I not??? watching my kids play is one of my greatest joys, sitting outside on these last few beautiful wonderful sneaky fall days.

My kids decided to make a trap and they all got into it, a trap to catch a squirrel, they collected sticks, leaves, and acorns(there nice kids, they wanted to make sure they had food)
blog3

IMG_1857

I watched Cohen and Ashlyn dance on the rocks, and laugh, and be silly. They play so well together feed off each others energy, I wish I could record the sound of their voices, their laughs, and songs

IMG_1754

blog4
I tried to get a little creative with this pic, but it's so simple, but I love it, leaf in one hand, and sunglasses in the other, with that cute butt in a pair of jeans
IMG_1720

A dry patch of dirt, became a favorite place for Ashlyn she sat there forever drawing in the dry dirt, pretending it was sand

blog2

but it's the littlest things that touched my heart the most, when they thought no one was looking, the camera was far out of sight, I saw this, they were just watching the cars go by....
IMG_1876bw

and Ashlyn's shirt helped me to remember, it's in the tiniest moments, behind the lies, in every day moments, I just have to open my eyes and see it.
blog5

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful, lovely day. so glad it all came back together for you, friend. you weren't far off, you never are : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing how as a woman, I can feel so far "off" or so disconnected to my husband... and then I cry and he listens and we talk, and I almost feel immediately better. Its the emotions that get me thinking things are worse off than they are. Love that you shared that will us... because my perfect marriage is not perfect for sure and it helps to know I am not the only one ;)

    ReplyDelete