Tuesday, April 20, 2010

slow down...i have to remind myself often. i get so caught up in the things i do, that i miss the things that often matter. a story from my one of my kids, i hear from the other side of the house, instead of right in front of me, because for some reason i didn't stop to ask. i watch them play, but can't remember the last time i played with them, because i'm so caught up in the things that i think i should be doing, instead of the things i want to do. i over book myself thinking that tomorrow there will be more time, when tomorrow i find another reason to book something. i'm in survival mode i tell myself just trying to make it till the peace comes, till i have no other thing but just to be still. peace i take for granted i wait for it to come, instead of just letting it be. life is going on and on, and i forget to take it all in. so today i'm forcing myself to slow down, to listen, to wait, to let this life be. i don't want to live a life full of regret, as i've lived my latest nights, regretting that i didn't spend more time being with the ones i love the most. slow down, is all i can tell myself, because i know i can never stop, i know i'm suppose to keep moving, but moving into the greatness, not into the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment