Tuesday, February 9, 2010

reminding myself

each day, each moment is a gift

when my husband returns from work, safe, having a job, is a gift.

when my children wake up each morning healthy and alive, is a gift.

when i take a breath, and breath this air, safe, alive, is a gift.

the phone call saying i love you, is a gift.

the kiss, oh the sweet kiss from a two year old, for no other reason then to give, is a gift.

an i love you mommy, is a gift.

a child returning home from school, a gift.

a house covering my head, keeping us warm, a gift.

a friend, a sister, a family, a gift.

a kid sneaking up in my bed, reminding me to pray for him, a gift.

everything i have, has been given, everything i have, even down to the hairs on my head, a gift.

remembering today, that every little thing is a precious moment, a gift given.

the freedom, i enjoy, a gift.

A God, so loving, so giving, is my greatest gift of all, because with out Him, none of these gifts would be given, because He is the giver of all!

2 comments:

  1. He has given us so many, hasn't He!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a wonderful, inspiring friend. a gift! love you!

    ReplyDelete