Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the old them.

Brennan's birthday is in 4 days, and what consumes me about this, is my parents. Will i add another check mark to them hurting me by completely forgetting or will i see an obligation they must fulfill. I don't know which one hurts more. I know it's not their child, and i try to convinse myself that it's fine , after all i did it with out my grandparents being in the picture, but then i look at Brennan's face, and wonder how they could not want a real relationship with this amazing boy. How they don't miss us, or me? How they can live their lives not wondering, or caring about these beautiful kids, God has given me. How do i explain to my kids, again, that they are just busy, when my kids miss their Mi Mi and Pa Pa. I miss them, the old them.

2 comments:

  1. this made me cry, keri. i don't know how anyone wouldn't want to hug and kiss and squeeze each of those sweet kids of yours everyday! but more than anything, i think about you- you're their kid- and i'm sad that they aren't there for you right now.

    but you have found your strength in your own family, in your husband that loves you unconditionally. you helped me so much when you said sometimes you just have to release them... but i know it hurts still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ker, i feel the same way about my mom... it is so hurtful, because your so proud of your kids, and they are so amazing you want your parents to see, and know and experience....
    i'm so sorry friend!
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete