Saturday, August 15, 2009

my perfectly two digit 10 year old.

I can not believe i have a child who is 10! It just doesn't seem right. 10 years! two digits now. I love love love this boy. i had no idea how much i could love until this day 10 years ago. a love that doesn't take effort it's just there from the moment, a + sign showed up on that test, till the time I heard you cry, till i saw your sweet little face, and saw those curious eyes to this new world you had entered. You were our world. just mommy, daddy, and you. it was a perfect little family. you were always a perfect baby, a fun toddler, and a sweet young boy. you started our perfect family, and have kept it that way since 4 others have entered. i know it's not just you, i know you deserve more time, but you never complain, happy with what you have, only knowing. i'm not ready for these double digits, as you grow, it's hard to realize that in just a few short years, i'll have a teenager, 10 has hit me hard, a realization that my kids will grow, under 10 it still feels like i will always be in control, of your life, your decisions, who you play with, where you go, even what you eat. but i know it's the time in your life to allow more independence, to allow more responsibities. to let you learn from real mistakes, and this isn't going to be easy. in the next years it's going to be what we've taught you put into actions, allowing you to hurt, and have joys. molding you into the man you are going to become. we haven't released you yet, for this is way to early, but we will have to let a string go, just maybe one, to the many that will come. but i know that you are about to enter into the time, when you become what you are going to be the rest of your life, the decisions that will effect the rest of your life. I just pray, we make you proud, that we let you go, but hold on tight. I am so proud to be your mom, God has given us a perfectly treasured gift in you. I love you more then you can ever know, I haved loved these last 10years, and can't wait for the next 10, but wish i could hold on to this age forever, perfect double digits 10 when i can fully say your mine, that you still need me, you still love everything about me, where i still make your life better. where i'm the only girl that has your sweet little God filled heart. i love you!

2 comments:

  1. gosh, keri, that is one handsome little man... how will you ever share him with another woman?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keri i'm crying! when you explain that little family 10 years ago it reminds me of me and my family, and the thought of bennett ever being 10 is crazy!
    Brennan is such a good kid! He has the sweetest little heart! Happy Birthday Buddy!

    ReplyDelete